Web API Developer
Greymass is looking for a developer with strong backend development skills and data modeling experience to help bring both Robo and Fuel to the next level. Fuel is a product that Greymass developed to be a turn-key solution for resource billing on Antelope chains, written in Node.js + MongoDB, while Robo is a scalable blockchain history provider written in Golang + BadgerDB. These projects are intended to provide value to users and developers on Antelope-based chains.
About the role:
- For Robo, you will be responsible for abstracting the indexing processes to allow for flexible custom API endpoints, and the creation of custom indices for Greymass purposes (e.g. balance APIs)
- For Fuel, you will be responsible for standardizing the API endpoints and defining standards, improving estimation and billing costs, and adding new features such as pay-as-you go billing via fiat subscriptions or prepayments
- For open-source projects, you will prepare and package the codebase for public release, including documentation and automation for deployment
- In the future, you will build or modify API plugins within nodeos to extend functionality
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Golang and/or Node.js
- Familiarity with REST and WebSocket API architectures
- Comfortable working in an independent and self-directed manner
- C++ experience is a plus for working within nodeos
- Experience working within the blockchain community or on open-source projects is a plus
Greymass is an expert team of researchers and developers who passionately believe that the internet (and the world) can be a better place, and that distributed ledger technology will help us get there. Our objective is to empower developers with the tools they need to create products and services for – and to help users participate in – decentralized communities. We’re the creators of open-source products including Anchor, Unicove, and multiple core-level software development kits for Antelope.
As a company, we’re committed to helping people build the careers they want while maintaining a productive and enjoyable work environment. Everyone at Greymass is dedicated to our values of leading with transparency, acting with integrity, following your curiosity, and admitting when you’re wrong. While Greymass is a 100% remote company with team members in North America, Europe, and Asia, we’re a tight-knit group and make sure that the distance doesn’t get in the way of building real connections with each other.